Friday, October 17, 2008

"ya jin dadi?"

Here in Nigeria I have a friend who always asks me “Joseph, ya jin dadi?”, which means “how is the enjoyment?”
My question for you is the same, “reader, ya jin dadi?”

For some people, when they are taking a walk with a loved one on a cool evening or sitting with a friend over a hot drink, it is at that moment in which they can say they are doing that which they enjoy the most. For some people it is a matter of having a heart to heart conversation in order for them to be in their most enjoyable mood. Others have to be cooking, running, playing, eating, reading, or singing in order for them to say; “this is what I enjoy doing the most”.

For me, when I am sitting with my Gramma and talking with her about spiritual things, I am doing something that I enjoy very much. However,(sorry Gramma) when I have a child in my arms or else a group of children swarming around me like bees around a hive, that is when I am doing that which I enjoy the most. When I have a group of children listening to me teach from the word of God that is when I am equally as happy. When I hear children pray, it amazes me and makes me happy, I enjoy that very much.

This past week has been full of “jin dadi”…enjoyment. It’s been tiring, it always is when being with the kids because they have too much energy, but it has been enjoyable for sure. I figured I would save you the trouble again of reading a long post and save me the trouble of writing one so I have just posted a bunch of pictures fro your, uh? enjoyment?.

I hope you “jin dadi” them, here is my enjoyment…












from left to right (Joseph, Joseph, me, Joseph, and Joseph)










Here is Precious with the bandana on













No comments: